We experienced another exciting week at North East Baptist Church as the 2008 Youth Revival was being held.Â The purpose of the revival was to :
From Wednesday through Friday (Sept 17 – 19) the youth metÂ to experience praise and worship on THEIR level. Â Â So what does one mean by using the phrase “THEIR LEVEL”?
- It means ministering to them with Gospel music produced in various genre’s (where you can still easily hear the Gospel message)Â and not bore them to sleep.
- It means placing before them preachers that specialize inÂ “Getting Real” and addressing the issues that our children face everyday by sharing with them what the Word of God has to say about it.
- It means talking to them using phrases that they can understand and relate to.
- It means allowing the youth to be surrounded by their peers and encouraging them to praise and worship God in the way they have been led.
- It means an experience of total immersion into God’s Word to the point that they don’t even know that their attention has been held the entire time.
Our God is all powerful, all knowing and present everywhere.Â Therefore, we should not try and limit the diverse ways that God can use to transition a lost soulÂ from death to accepting Jesus Christ as their personal savior (life).
If a person is sick then they can take medicine via syringe,Â IV, oral tablet, liquid medicine and now even patches that adhere to the skin. The important thing is that the medicine gets in the bloodstream so that it can do it’s job. There are a lot of children and grown folk thatÂ are spiritually sick. The Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is spiritual medicine,Â is the cure for those ailments.
Have you ever had a child to throw up because you forced them to swallow medicine that tastes horrible?Â Ever notice how you can have better success at delivering the medicine (where it can still do it’s job) if you sweeten the flavor or mix it in something that they like?Â Well that is just what the youth leaders and NEBC did for this revival.
It was refreshing to see the youth leaders not try and force God to fit within a “traditionalist-I’m stuck in my narrow minded ways-view point” BOX.Â Â They thought “outside the box” and shared the Gospel of Jesus Christ in a way that the youth were open to receiving the messages.
Right now it is a good point for me to stop and get to sharing the memories that were captured.
– Minister Ryan BrooksÂ was the speaker
– Minister Yvette D. Crawford was the speaker
– Minister Kia Hood was the speaker